The days are getting colder so what better time for a great Beef and Red Wine Ragu. Check out one of Foodnutt’s go to winter warmers.
Beef Red Wine Ragu
- 1.5 kgs Beef - Diced 3cm cubes
- 150 gms Pancetta diced
- 2 Large Carrots Diced
- 2 Stalks Celery Diced
- 1 Large Brown Onion Diced
- 1 Capsicum Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1.5 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tin Crushed Tomato
- 1 Glass The Elliott Cabernet Sauvignon (Red Wine)
- 1 Litre Beef Stock
- 100 gms Grated Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place some olive oil in the pan and brown your beef
- Remove from the heat and then render the pancetta
- Add the garlic and diced vegetables and sweat for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are softened and the onion translucent.
- Now add your beef back and the glass of red wine. Simmer for a few minuted before adding your stock, tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Cook on a low heat for approximately 2.5 to 3 hours stirring occasionally.
- When the meat softens and starts to fall apart and your sauce is thick season with some salt and pepper and you are ready to serve with your favourite wine and side!