Massaman Beef Curry
- 4 Pods Cardamom Toasted
- 1/2 tbsp Cummin Seeds Toasted
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg Toasted
- 1 tbsp Ground Coriander Toasted
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger
- 1/2 Stalk Lemon Grass Toasted
- 5-6 Long Red Chilli Roasted
- 4 Whole Shallots Roasted
- 1 Head Garlic Roasted
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 kg Diced Beef (Chuck Steak)
- 4 Potatos Diced
- 3-4 Carrots Diced
- 2 cans Coconut Cream
- 1 cup Peanuts
- 1 tin Pineapple Diced and drained
- 1/4 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp Tamarind Paste
- add your dry spices to the motar and pestle or your blend and crush. Then add your ginger, lemongrass, chillis, shallots and garlic one at a time and crush until smooth. Add your salt and combine until smooth.
- Sear your beef on the stove top or in your pressure cooker.
- Add the paste and remaining ingredients to the cooker except for your pineapple and combine.
- Set the pressure cooker to 80kpg for 30 minutes. Alternatively cook in the slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours until meat is tender. You could also cook this on your stove in a cast iron pot for 2-3 hours on a gentle simmer until the meat is tender.