Foodnutt has a new toy and is already creating great dishes. With just 5 mins prep and 30 minutes in the pressure cooker you will have the most magnificent and delectable pot roasted chicken. This recipe can also be adapted to roasting.
Lemon Rosemary Pot Roast Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Dried Rosemary
- 3 Cloves Garlic - chopped
- 1 Lemon
- 1.5 Cups Chicken Stock
- mix the olive oil, rosemary, garlic and rind from the lemon in a bowl.
- Place the remaining lemon into the chicken and coat with half the mixture across the top of the chicken.
- turn your pressure cooker on to sear mode or sear in a fry pan. Add the rest of the mixture to the top of the chicken before turning to sear the other side. Just a few minutes each side.
- Add your chicken stock to the pressure cooker and if you have a rack place the rack inside. Alternatively you can place and onion that has been cut in half to hold the chicken off the bottom.
- Place the chicken on the rack and set your pressure cooker to 60 kpg for 30 minutes. Alternatively pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and place the chicken in the over for approximately 90 minutes. Your chicken is ready when the juice between the breast and leg runs clean. Adjust your cook time as needed.
- Remove your chicken and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve with your choice of vegetables or salad. We roasted some potatos and carrots with a little bit of lard in the oven at 215 degrees while the chicken was cooking.